Communicating the Word of God faithfully, clearly, and relevantly.
Statement of Purpose
Homer G. Rhea Ministries is called to . . .
- Teach and preach Godís Word in a clear, thought-provoking, and effective manner, continually affirming the power and authority of Scripture.
- Help believers grow to spiritual maturity in the faith, and to encourage them to live a victorious life through the work of the Holy Spirit.
- Honor pastors, and thus minister to those who shepherd the Church.
- Produce services and products of consistently superior quality.
Statement of Faith
- In the verbal inspiration of the Bible.
- In one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
- That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead. That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor.
- That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
- That justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
- In sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ; through the Word, and by the Holy Ghost.
- Holiness to be God's standard of living for His people.
- In the baptism with the Holy Ghost subsequent to a clean heart.
- In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
- In water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
- Divine healing is provided for all in the atonement.
- In the Lord's Supper and washing of the saints' feet.
- In the premillennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years.
- In the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment for the wicked.
The Apostles' Creed
I believe in God the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth;
and in Jesus Christ
His only Son our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Ghost,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, dead, and buried:
He descended into hell;
the third day He rose again from the dead;
He ascended into heaven,
and sitteth on the right hand of God the Father almighty;
from thence He will come to judge the quick and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit;
the holy [universal] church;
the communion of saints;
the forgiveness of sins;
the resurrection of the body;
and the life everlasting.