Communicating the Word of God
Homer G. Rhea has a wide range of experience both in the pastoral and editorial fields including the following:
- Pastor (Mississippi and Oklahoma)
- District overseer (Mississippi)
- Member of the State Council and the State Youth Board (Mississippi)
- Chairman of the Ministerial Internship Program (Mississippi)
Homer has also served in the following positions:
- A variety of roles at the Church of God Publishing House including as editor in chief of Church of God Publications
- Editorial director of the Church of God School of Ministry
- Assistant director of the Church of God Stewardship Department
On an international level, Homer has served at the following levels:
- President of the International Pentecostal Press Association (IPPA)
- President of the North American Chapter of IPPA
- Vice president of the Pentecostal/ Charismatic Christian Education Alliance (PCCEA)
- Sat as an invited guest with the Board of Administration of the Pentecostal/Charismatic Churches of North America (PCCNA).
This West Point, Mississippi, native has several editorial accomplishments to his credit:
- Author of three books: A New Creation, The Holy Spirit in Action, and A Call to Excellence. Both A New Creation and The Holy Spirit in Action have been released in CD format.
- Compiled The Pentecostal Minister Sermon Resource Manual, Volumes 4 and 5.
- Prepared a study guide for Highlights of Hebrew History, written by Dr. Charles W. Conn.
- Contributed to 13 volumes of the Evangelical Sunday School Lesson Commentary.
- Wrote numerous magazine articles, including material for the Church of God Evangel and Christian Education Leadership.
- Edited 16 textbooks and 19 study guides for the Certificate In Ministerial Studies (CIMS) program.
Homer holds an honorary doctorate in humanities (L.H.D.) from East Coast Bible College. He is married to Jimmie Walker Rhea, and they reside in Cleveland, Tennessee. They have four children and ten grandchildren.